Crossfit is a strength and conditioning program designed to target and optimize all aspects of fitness and wellness. Crossfit defines 3 standards of fitness: developing all 10 fitness domains, training for the unknowable, and using all 3 metabolic pathways.
1. Fitness is composed of 10 recognized fitness domains. They include:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance
2. Fitness is about performing well at any and every task imaginable, whether that task is lifting barbells, carrying groceries, or walking up the stairs. And to be prepared for anything life throws your way- sprinting to catch the bus, pushing your out-of-gas car to the side of the road, or building a deck in the backyard.
3. There are 3 metabolic pathways that provide the energy for all human action. In short, there is a different energy pathway for activities that are short & high power, medium & moderate power, and long & low power.
We achieve optimal fitness by doing functional movements (how we move in real life) that are constantly varied (different every day) at a high intensity (working your butt off). We do this by using a combination of weightlifting, gymnastics, running, and rowing, at differing sets, reps, weights, and distances.
Auxiliary Crossfit values community, hard work, honesty, and humility. Our mission is to provide functional workouts for people of all ages and abilities, with the goal of increasing all aspects of fitness and improving quality of life. Our facility is 100% Crossfit. At Auxiliary Crossfit, we train hard and push ourselves beyond all imagined limits. With this, we build relationships with those around us, and develop a strong community.
Do you have fitness, health, or body composition goals?
Do you want an exercise program that guarantees measurable results?
Do you want support from a knowledgeable trainer and an encouraging community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Crossfit is right for you! Crossfit is universally scalable, and is appropriate for all ages, abilities, and skill levels. With hard work, anyone can excel at Crossfit.
The needs of Olympic athletes and the needs of your Grandparents differ by degree, not type.
At Auxiliary Crossfit, we provide:
- A positive environment and supportive community
- Individual coaching, attention, and goal planning from knowledgeable, caring coaches
- Effective workout programming for all skill levels
- Off-season sports training
- Programming for Crossfit competitors
- Nutrition counseling